Are you ready for a money quotation quiz? Match the following 15 people with their money-related quotations. Just remember that there is only one quote for each person listed. Oh … and be very careful ; you just may be surprised at some of the answers!
A. Ben Affleck
B. Warren Buffett
C. George Carlin
D. Albert Einstein
E. Alan Greenspan
F. Paris Hilton
G. John Lennon
H. Karl Marx
I. Barack Obama
J. Will Smith
K. Britney Spears
L. Ronald Reagan
M. Margaret Thatcher
N. Donald Trump
O. Mike Tyson
The Money Quotes
- “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.”
- “Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.”
- “I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.”
- “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples’ money.”
- “I don’t understand the whole dating thing. I immediately know if I’m interested in someone, so I don’t want them to waste their money and take me out if I know I’m not interested in them.”
- “Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.”
- “Experience taught me a few things. 1) Listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. 2) You’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And 3) sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
- “In the business world, the rear view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.”
- “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
- “I can inspire people on how to use money, how to get economically powerful.”
- “I’ve made all my money on my own without my family and I work very hard.”
- “In the absence of the gold standard, there’s no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value.”
- “The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.”
- “There’s something really great and romantic about being poor and sleeping on couches.”
- “We might come closer to balancing the budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.”
Here are the answers. So how did you do? Let’s measure your level of success:
15 correct: You obviously cheated and can’t be trusted.
11 to 14 correct: You are a multifaceted student of history, economics and pop culture. Your family secretly envies you for being a know-it-all and refuses to play Trivial Pursuit with you. Unfortunately you’re also more than likely to be a nerd with poor social skills who, not surprisingly, has trouble getting dates and invitations to parties.
3 to 10 correct: Relax! You’re a normal human being.
0 to 2 correct: You enjoy watching television. Lots of it. When it comes to current events, you tend to put your trust in Maury Povich, Jerry Springer and Geraldo Rivera — in that order. Because it takes you two hours to watch 60 Minutes, you actually prefer infomercials and home shopping channels where you like to purchase things like solar-powered flashlights and bulk cases of diet water.
Photo Credit: Ano Lobb