Keep it simple, Stupid. That’s something we’ve all been told at one time or another, for any variety of reasons. That’s usually sage advice — especially when it comes to managing your personal finances. There’s no need to make things complicated. Generally speaking, remember:
- Minimize or eliminate impulse purchases.
- Save up for what you can’t afford.
- Understand where every penny you earn is going.
- Pay yourself first; make your retirement and emergency funds your top priority.
- Make sure your credit card balances are paid in full each month.
- Spend less than you earn.
The bottom line: It really is that simple.
Photo Credit: Ina Centaur