Typically, your credit history is crucial when getting a loan from different lenders. They will look at the credit history to determine your capacity to repay your loans without delay.
In most cases, having good credit increases your chances of getting loan approval. On the other hand, some lenders, such as banks and other big financial institutions, might be hesitant to accommodate your application if you’re a bad credit score holder; therefore, it limits your ability to get the most out of better loan options.
Fortunately, even if you have a poor credit score, you can still take out a loan. There are lending companies that provide loans to borrowers with bad credit rating. However, just like other loan applications, applying for loans for bad credit comes with many essential considerations.
If you’re considering getting bad credit loans, keep reading to learn how you can take advantage of them.
What Are Bad Credit Loans?
Primarily, bad credit loans are loans available to borrowers with limited borrowing options. This means that when you have a credit score of 650 and below, you can be a primary candidate for loans for bad credit. Whether the purpose of taking out a loan is car repairs, bills payments, and many more, you can borrow money without the need for credit checks. This makes this type of loan accessible during emergencies.
Although most banking institutions deny applications due to low credit scores, borrowers with bad credit history don’t need to worry because some lenders provide options to help them with their financial problems. Here are the benefits of obtaining these loans:
- No Credit Check. Unlike other types of personal loans, applying for bad credit loans doesn’t require any credit history check. This means it’ll not be taken into consideration in determining your eligibility to acquire a loan. Upon receipt of your application requirements, the lender will not use your credit score as a prime factor in deciding whether to approve your loan or not. Instead, they’ll check if you have a regular job that would enable you to pay your monthly bills.
- Ability To Borrow Large Amounts Of Money. Even if you have a poor credit rating, you can still borrow large amounts of money as long as you have a stable income source. The most important thing is that you can pay the loan back with your income. Once you prove that you have a regular salary, the lender will not hesitate to let you borrow something quite substantial.
- Flexible. Bad credit loans are flexible because they come with a variety of options. These can be secured or unsecured loans, depending on what you want. If you apply for a secured loan, your asset, whether a car or house, can be used as collateral for the money you’re going to borrow. In case you miss to make several repayments, the lender will put your asset for sale to recover their losses. On the other hand, if you get an unsecured loan, none of your assets will be used as a security for the loan. However, it can strain your pocket when you pay your monthly amortization and, more importantly, further hurt your credit score.
- Low Interest Rates. In most cases, bad credit loans come with low interest rates. That’s because some lenders understand the financial burden experienced by most borrowers with a bad credit score. To help them with the situation, the rates and fees are less expensive than other types of loans.
- Fast And Easy. Most bad credit loans are available online. With the help of the Internet, loan applications can be made in a few minutes. Once you fill in the form, you can upload the requirements and wait for a response on the same or next business day. In most cases, the approval will only take one day, and once you get approved, you can receive the loan proceeds in your bank account.
Ideally, bad credit loans can be a useful option in times of emergencies. Aside from helping you get out of trouble quickly, these can offer you a second chance to redeem and improve your credit score. Therefore, if you have bad credit, give this type of loan a try.
Tips For Getting Bad Credit Loans
Now that you understand what bad credit loans are and how they can benefit a borrower like you, the next step is to know how you can avail them for your financial needs. Like other loans, applying for a bad credit loan can be challenging.
To improve your chances of getting approved for a loan despite of bad credit score, below are a few tips to remember:
Shop Around for Lenders
Of course, you need to find a reliable lending company that can help you get a bad credit loan. Although a lot lenders are operating online and offline, it might take some time before you can find one that offers interest rates and repayment terms that will work best for you.
To have a better chance at getting loan approval, below are the lenders, consider:
- Private Lenders. These are online lending companies that provide guaranteed approval loans with poor credit. They’re one of the most popular sources of financial services because they usually require minimal requirements and come with a straightforward application process. They can also be an alternative provider of funds if you get denied by banks and other financing companies.
- Credit Unions. These are small money lending organizations that provide loan services despite having a poor credit score. All you need to do is to become a member of the group, and you can apply for a loan funded by the accumulated savings fund of all other members.
- Family Or Friends. These people can also be your source of funds in case other lending companies reject your application. Although borrowing money from your family or friends can be dangerous from a relationship perspective, it can be beneficial from a financial standpoint. That’s because you don’t need to go through a qualifying process and deal with high-interest rates.
As you can see, there are many lenders to go to when you need a bad credit loan as soon as possible. However, not all companies you see online are legitimate and trustworthy. Some are there to take advantage of your financial problem by offering high-interest rates. Therefore, be sure to find a lender who is dependable in terms of enforcing the terms and conditions ethically and legally. That way, you can rest, knowing that your financial future is in good hands.
To get started with your search for the right lender, ask your family or friends for recommendations as they might have worked with a trustworthy lending company in the past. If you can’t get any referrals, head over to Google and gather some information about a lender online. Check their licensing requirements and determine whether they’re authorized to do a lending business.
Lastly, read or watch some reviews online to find out how their previous clients rated their services. For example, you can watch the following video to know a loyal client’s testimony about iCash’s lending services. This can provide you with an idea as to how great or terrible a lender is in providing loans.
Review Your Credit Report First
Before you apply for a bad credit loan, find time to check your credit report and determine if there are mistakes that need to be addressed as soon as possible. Remember, fixing any errors that appear in your credit report can impact or influence your credit score. This will increase your chances of becoming a qualified borrower and allow you to get a lower interest rate.
Thus, if you want to make your application process less of a hassle, review your credit report so you’ll know how to increase your credit score, making it easier to apply for different loans going forward.
Comply With the Loan Requirements
Taking a loan for bad credit means you should know and comply with the requirements beforehand. Generally, loan requirements might differ from one lender to another, which is why it’s recommended to research the necessary documents before filling in an application form.
For most lenders, some of the most common loan requirements include the following:
- You should be of legal age when you get a loan.
- You should have a permanent residence address.
- You should have a valid identification card.
- You should have a stable source of livelihood.
Ideally, getting a bad credit loan doesn’t come with strict requirements. As long as you can show your ability to repay your debt, you can avail of the loan without hassle. Also, be sure not to lie in your loan application to prevent hurting your chances of approval. More often than not, the lender can easily spot any inaccuracies in your personal information, and it can be a ground to deny your loan.
Bring a Co-Signer
If you want to increase the chances of the lender granting your loan application, having a co-signer can be an excellent way to do it. Primarily, a co-signer is someone who agrees to pay your loan in the event that you’re unable to make repayments. For this reason, look for someone who has a good credit rating to get the lender’s approval in the fastest time possible.
If your co-signer is an office mate or a friend, make sure to discuss with them how you’re going to pay them back in case they take over your bad credit loan.
If you want to successfully avail of a loan for bad credit, using collateral can be a great option. You can use an asset, such as your car or house, as collateral. When you offer collateral, you’re able to show the lender that you’re serious about getting a loan and making up with your bad credit.
Take note that by using collateral, you agree to the terms that your asset will be forfeited in case you fail to pay the loan within the provided term.
It’s important to note that your credit score is taken into account when deciding how much interest rate a lender is willing to offer you. Because of this, pre-qualifying online with the help of a personal loan calculator can help determine which rates might be available to you based on your loan amount and credit score.
Know Your Debt-To-Income Ratio Beforehand
If you’re taking out a loan for bad credit, it’s crucial to compute your debt-to-income ratio to know whether you can qualify for a loan. Essentially, a borrower’s debt-to-income ratio depicts how much of your monthly income is going to debt payments. If you have a 35% or lower ratio, you might have a better chance of availing a loan from a lender.
Therefore, if you want to guarantee your loan approval in the fastest time possible, make sure your debt-to-income ratio is higher than 35% before applying. This can help the lender decide whether you’re eligible to take out a loan or not.
If you’re a bad credit holder at the moment, you should know that there’s still hope. You are not a hopeless case as far as qualifying for a loan is concerned. Slowly, you can improve your credit score by ensuring that your current debts are paid on time and without delays. In addition to that, you should remember that improving your credit rating isn’t a race. Sometimes, it might take more time and patience than you initially intended. But, if you’re in the right direction, you can, little by little, restore your credit, and you’ll be more qualified next time you avail any type of loan.
For now, it’s best to keep these tips in mind so you’ll be in a better position to take out a loan despite of your bad credit. After all, dealing with a poor credit rating is never a hindrance to borrowing money for any financial emergency. With the right lender on your side, you can get instant cash anytime without trouble.
Photo Credits: stock photo