Sure, first impressions are impactful on people. They can be catchy, charming, and luring. But as time goes on, people tend to move away from them to something more real. And this type of real only comes through recurrent experiences – from recurrent encounters. And such meetings can only happen if each one ends on a positive note and mutual inclination to keep it going.
Thus, learning to end any form of communication gracefully is not just one of the biggest keys to better communication, but it also fosters prolonged communication. And because communication is an integral part of the business world, one should yearn to take this point a lot more seriously. In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the best closing lines one can use for their business emails.
But before we jump in, students should also remember proofreading and editing are also essential aspects of writing the best business emails. And while one may be good at writing rich content in their emails, they may not be as good in grammar or spelling. In such cases, students or professionals can hire professional essay editors or proofreaders to get some initial help. For example, learning through expert help from top platforms like Studyfy can certainly help perfect one’s business emails.
Here Are Some of the Best Closing Lines for Business Emails
These closing lines consist of questions that would make people want to answer them. Ideally, they should be used as open-ended questions which plant the roots for prolonged communication. Questions also make the other person feel like they can or could be a part of the conversation. Thus, one should also ensure that their questions are framed well, understandable, and promote a genuine dialogue.
Questions are also often used as a means of learning more about any situation or topic. You can also offer incentives or opportunities that appeal to the other person and make them want to reply. Here are some examples of closing lines in the form of questions:
- After a quick audit of your site, I’ve found a few areas that could be improved. Should I make a report of my results along with some easy and quick solutions?
- We received all your forms over a week ago, and congratulations, you have won the exclusive prize (plus a bonus gift) for Feb 2022. We’re excited and waiting to send you all your gifts. How soon do you think we can hear from you so we can get you your gifts as quickly as possible?
- As you know, the city is expecting a total lockdown from next week. And if we don’t expedite the exchange of the goods now, we would both lose a lot of money. Do you think you can arrange your transportation for sooner than the end of the week?
- After viewing our calendar logs, I see that we both attended the United Nations Youth Changemakers Conclave in 2013. May I ask, who was your favorite speaker at the event?
2) Closing with Powerful Statements
One of the easiest ways of sharing any kind of information would be through framing neat and clean sentences; or statements. Statements can be used to connect with other statements and form paragraphs or can be used individually. Some statements have so much power in them that they can also become revolutionary quotes by themselves.
In business emails, one should use them strategically as a means of bringing better flow and readability to their text. Here are some examples of closing lines in the form of statements:
- And finally, some food for thought – we can only take the horse to the river, but we cannot make it drink the water.
- And to top it all up, all our efforts have been appreciated as we’ve also won three trophies in total, including one for the best digital marketing company in 2021.
- And with your help and guidance, I finally feel confident in writing my research paper effectively and submitting it on time.
- And don’t worry too much because according to the official report for the year, we’re still at par with all of our major competitors.
3) Closing with the Necessary Calls-To-Action (CTAs)
The purpose of a CTA is to show the other person the best course of action to be taken at the end of the email. Adding the perfect CTA is also a valuable skill to learn for anyone involved in the advertising and sales fields.
Without a clear-cut direction in the email, the recipient may face some confusion about what they need to do. Thus, CTAs are necessary in the business world as they can also summarize the whole email into a mini action statement or button. Here are some examples of closing lines in the form of CTAs:
- To know more about our products and services, please click the button below or directly visit our website at www.highpowerhighimpact.com.
- Please click the button/link below to confirm your appointment for next Friday at 7:00 PM.
- To resolve this issue permanently, kindly contact the front desk of any customer service team of experts in your city.
- To register for this edition of the event, kindly fill in your name, email address, and contact number in the attached form below.
4) Closing with Offering Your Regards, Thankful, & Wishes
Sometimes offering someone a simple thanks, regards, or wishes can be enough to make them want to reply and talk to you. Even if people don’t know each other personally, it shows their human side and fosters a friendlier and more respectful relationship.
Your regards and wishes also show that you are grateful for their time – including time spent reading or communicating (back) with you. Here are some examples of closing lines in the form of regards, thanks, or wishes:
- I know you’re a busy person working in a very productive company, and I thank you for taking the time to read my application.
- I also heard that the situation in your city is stabilizing. I was delighted to hear this news and wish my best regards to you, your team, and your family and friends.
- As mentioned, we are supremely happy with the whole team’s performance and wish everyone a merrier Christmas and a more joyful New Year!
- I’m incredibly thankful for your guidance and mentorship over the past three years and would love to wish you a greater and even more successful adventure ahead!
The Bottom Line
Sure, writing can be tricky. And yes, writing great business emails can be even more challenging. But just like other skills like essay writing, one can work on improving and perfecting this aspect of their professional lives. All one needs to do is learn the right designs and structures and apply them correctly to suit the occasions or situations. And one should never forget to close their emails in the best possible way to boost the overall impact and success ratios.
Finally, don’t forget to proofread and edit all your emails – before you hit send!
Photo Credits: unsplash